Hey Kevin,

The speed of deployment can be changed by limiting the size of the uploaded
app, limiting the complexity of the build necessary in the Dockerfile, if
present, and by ensuring a fast and reliable internet connection. Other
than these variables, it's hard to comment on what specifically might be
making deployment exhibit the timing that it does on your system.

I hope this is helpful - let me know if you have any further questions!
I'll be happy to help!

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Suppor

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 3:48:26 PM UTC-4, Kevin Lau wrote:

> Is there a faster way to deploy an app? Google App Engine is slow to
> deploy, hangs on "Updating service [someproject]..." I am using a flexible
> environment with PHP.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/38982d93-7611-4978-b6cb-740517932f39%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine] G... Kevin Lau
    • [google-appengi... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-app... Stanislas Marion
        • [google... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
        • [google... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • Re:... Stanislas Marion
            • ... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
            • ... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Stanislas Marion