They are (or were) part of the same project. I've since reverted to mysql
v1 which works fine. I've removed the v2 instance since then but could
easily recreate it if I thought it might work.

I did notice that my project did NOT have an @appspot.gserviceaccount.com
service account. I've added it by hand but don't know if that might help(?)

I was hoping that it would help to resolve yet another app engine/storage
issue that I've recently encountered -- I'm unable to upload to the
blobstore with my old app. I get an HTTP 503 as soon as I hit the upload
button and the logs record nothing. If I try the same upload in a new
project it works fine. Adding the @appspot.gserviceaccount.com entry did
not help with this issue.

There's something not right with my project and I appear to have no ability
to fix it. Appreciate your help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/c29e4d90-bf4e-4e52-8cf4-c89147b11871%40googlegroups.com.