Do you have an AppEngine daily budget set to $0.00?  That can cause this,
as a zero daily budget is equivalent to free tier in terms of quota.

Josh Moore |  Cloud Solutions Engineer |  joshu...@google.com |

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAOvpJmVeFjoBVf_gy%3DcxHvxQh2u_pRT%2BfATZhO%2B1mC%2BiR07evA%40mail.gmail.com.