My App was running for last six months on java flex env. Running fine. Last
deployment was on 24/12/16 and it was working fine.
 Suddenly with new deployment, it now throws 502 for few calls which
returns JSON via GET and POST. However there is no code change for that
request.

More strange is that- Older version is working fine with same on flex env
(vm:true) but new version with code throws 502(vm:true)...

Either you google guys provide a workaround or will move away from app
engine.

Regards
Tech team

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Jeff Payne <jeffkpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had this same problem using a memory intensive Flask based flex env
> app.  I finally investigated this locally at the system level and realized
> that a function, which I had not yet thought to optimize, was loading a
> huge file (500+ Gb) into memory.  I couldn't find anything in the logs to
> support this (I probably wasn't looking in the right logs), but I figured
> that the process/thread handling the request was choking behind the scenes.
>
> My solution was:
>
> 1) Move the code that loaded the file into memory outside of the function
> so it was only loaded once, as the resulting object is thread safe.
> 2) Increase the memory of the VM used by the flex env. app using the
> resource settings explained here: https://cloud.google.
> com/appengine/docs/flexible/python/configuring-your-app-
> with-app-yaml#resource-settings
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 12:58:34 PM UTC-8, Suresh V wrote:
>>

>> Any update on this? My instance, https://vplan-147418.appspot.com is
>> doing this since last night.
>>>

>> Any tips to troubleshoot? This also uses the flexible environment,

> msgid/google-appengine/5d77111c-2770-4657-9fd1-
> 5bcecc84efff%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/5d77111c-2770-4657-9fd1-5bcecc84efff%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Deepak Singh