The timezone in App Engine is always set to UTC and cannot be changed.
You'll need to convert between UTC and the timezone you wish to use. You
can refer to one of the numerous existing threads
<https://www.google.ca/search?q=app+engine+set+timezone> on the subject for
more background.

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 11:48:41 PM UTC-5, Yashavanta S B wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In ServletContextListener initialization method we are setting the JVM
> Time Zone as
>
> public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
> TimeZone.setDefault(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+00:00"));
> }
>
> But when i check the Time Zone information in servlets and filters the
> Time Zone got changed.
>
> log.info("TimeZone : " + TimeZone.getDefault());
>
> What might be the reason?
>
> Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/654a561f-3af9-46e0-9e7a-ac303a6fae8d%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine]... Yashavanta S B
    • [google-appen... 'Adam (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-a... Yashavanta S B
        • [goog... Anastasios Hatzis
          • [... Yashavanta S B
            • ... 'Adam (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... 'Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Yashavanta S B
                • ... 'Adam (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine