We are using the GAE Search API since quite some time but recently hit the
query limit of 2000 bytes:

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: query string must not be longer than
> 2000 bytes, was 2384

We're basically having documents saved with a secondary id set as an atomic
field. Within our query we do some sorting and distance calculations and
also exclude docs with those secondary ids matching a list of ids with a
NOT statement like following:

... AND NOT sec_id:(x AND y AND ...)

With a certain amount of excluded ids we obviously hit the limit. I could
split the query into separate ones with the same base query and only use a
different set of excluded ids but then the sorting is problematic.
So I am wondering if there is another way to implement this kind of query,
preferably with a black and also a white list within one query (AND NOT

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/180ffd8c-a69d-42ab-83cf-4503962eedb5%40googlegroups.com.