Hi Lawrence, a few points:

First, I agree that it is odd that the billing team would ask you to come
to the App Engine mailing list about a problem with Cloud SQL. Thank you
for sharing your billing case number so that we can figure out what went
wrong.

Second, I should explain our community support model:
- We (Cloud Platform Support) monitor this and several other mailing lists
(including one for Cloud SQL) in order to provide help to as many people as
possible. Our activity on these forums leans toward providing advice and
pointing folks in the right direction.
- We also keep an eye out for people who have slipped through our normal
support channels
- We monitor this mailing list only during North American business hours.
And since I wrote the automation in question, I feel okay disclosing that
the script which alerts us to new mailing list threads doesn't trigger on
keywords in the thread.
- In parallel with our community support activities, we offer paid support
contracts which carry an SLA around initial response time for critical
issues. Depending on the nature of your business the cost of a support
contract may be appropriate.

For you, the right direction seems (from what you've stated) to be the
billing team. It also seems like your existing billing case wasn't handled
well, and it's completely appropriate to escalate here.

Lastly, back to your original problem of the stuck Cloud SQL instance. I
see that you opened issuetracker.google.com/issues/36290200. This is the
right approach when you suspect a bug (as this might be, given how long ago
you re-enabled billing), but we will need more information such as the
instance that is stuck.

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:42:48 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Mok wrote:

> Hi Jordan,
>
> Case number for CloudSQL issue is:
>
> [#12317695] General Cloud Billing Query [] [
> ref:_00D00VNwG._5006015YLfd:ref ]
>
> If possible could you just start my instance first before fixing anything?
> We had dozen of website depending on this database and now we cannot offer
> all the services to our client and we cannot accept any payment from any
> new clients too
>
> Thanks for your help
>

> On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:55:16 PM UTC+8, Jordan (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>>
>> Hey Lawrence,
>>
>> Could you provide the case number for the Billing Case you opened so that
>> I can see your project information. As previously noted Google Groups is
>> not for technical support and if they needed to route you (because your
>> billing account is ok) it should have been either directly to technical
>> support or to the the Issue Tracker
>> <https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a6ac2ba1-cbbc-4c4f-b7cb-3b5cb0168bb4%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appen... Lawrence Mok
    • [google-... Lawrence Mok
      • [goo... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
        • ... Lawrence Mok
          • ... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
            • ... Lawrence Mok
              • ... 'Jesse Scherer (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Lawrence Mok
              • ... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine