Hi Zdenko,

1- If you go to the "VM instances" section under "Compute Engine" at your
Developers Console, you should be able to see your Flex instance (click on
the instance, and you should be able to see the details of the instance,
including CPU and Memory info);
2- I've tested a bit and confirmed that it would use 1 CPU even if
specified 0.5 at the app.yaml file as you've noticed "The number of cores;
it must be one or an even number between 2 and 32 with default of 1" at the
link you provided;
3- That said, I further checked internally and notice the engineering has
been aware of this Feature Request, and they're currently working on it but
there is no ETA regarding the implementation on this; if you would like to
get updates on this FR, feel free to open a issue tracker by following the
instructions at [1];

[1] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/51eaaea8-9dd8-4b75-b847-17c7a518c59d%40googlegroups.com.