Thanks George for the reply.

I am told by the 2nd generation SQL Google page that my application is
given access by default because it is in the same project.

More info:

1. I am using python and the web2py framework in App Engine.
2. The app works perfectly with Google Datastore but i want to use SQL as
well so that I can make a decision what is the final future db platform
3. My connection problem is with a second generation SQL instance.
4. I have just created a first generation instance for test, and the
connection problem is gone. Maybe my framework is compatible with 1st gen
but not with 2nd gen? If yes, what is the difference?

Thanks for your help.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:09:14 PM UTC+2, George (Cloud Platform
Support) wrote:

> Hello Karoly,
>
> Have you granted access to your app engine application? You may find an
> example in the “Using Google Cloud SQL” online document
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/cloud-sql/>.
> Have you followed the indicated steps or a similar procedure?
>
> More detail on your connection setup and connecting attempts should prove
> quite helpful.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a72bbc96-5e8a-4794-9153-e105633d20a3%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine]... Karoly Kantor
    • [google-appen... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-a... Karoly Kantor
        • [goog... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • [... Karoly Kantor