This generally signals an internal error. I'd advise opening a bug on the
issue tracker <https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers> and
include your project ID so we can take a look at the app server logs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6e659077-6e6c-494b-88f5-66819e75ea08%40googlegroups.com.