George,

The issue was not with keys more than 1000 (in fact we have fewer than 1000
entities). The issue was with over quota of small operations (throwing over
quota error). The document says small operations (keys only queries) are
unlimited but in my project it was showing over quota (50000 operations)
for small operations. I am wondering if the document is outdated or my
project is showing the over quota in error.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/88da9fa1-b8b8-4a25-aff4-49aa81af2516%40googlegroups.com.