I'm seeing this again, where a build of my app that was working fine is now
timing out after 20 minutes. Most of the time is spent waiting on "Updating
service [default]". What sort of debug logs do you need me to provide? This
is happening today, 31 May 14:10 UTC.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/76c6dcf6-782a-47b2-90d7-9dec4f5f2948%40googlegroups.com.