All, just wondering if anyone has some best practices for deploying an app
engine flexible api implementation with an endpoint?  I have read the api
appengine docs from googles site.

The clunkiness I have run into is there does not seem to be a good way to
build and deploy the endpoints and app engine code at the same time as
the endpoints_api_service>config_id parameter of the app.yaml file needs to
be populated from the service-management config_id once the endpoint is
deployed which is done by the glcoud service-management command not the
maven deploy phase.

Our API implementation is a java maven project.  We are using the swagger
maven plugin to generate the openapi.json file at build time.  Right now
our jenkins job builds and deploys the endpoint only if there is a change
to the openapi.json file, then grabs the config_id just created and
populates the app.yaml file, after that we deploy the API code to app
engine.  This process is simple enough; however, it feels clunky.  When I
saw the maven appengine plugin I assumed that the plugin would handle not
only the app engine api implementation but also the endpoints, this is not
the case.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,  Lance

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/310b6b48-b9d3-4aed-a290-d5b56502dd4a%40googlegroups.com.