I am trying to follow the tutorial at:

And I am having the hardest time making my Google App Engine (GoLang)
connect to the Cloud SQL Postgres database. I am able to connect NOT
following the tutorial by manually opening the port from the firewall
rules. But I cannot do it this way because it's connected via IP and if I
do it this way, I cannot deploy to GAE.

Could someone please review the following GoLang code to see what is wrong.

```
*This following line is used to connect from localhost GoLang app to Cloud
SQL -- NOT FOLLOWING THE TUTORIAL*
db, err := sql.Open("postgres", host=IP_ADDRESS port=PORT user=USERNAME
password=PASSWORD dbname=DBNAME sslmode=disable)

Here, I am connecting to the Cloud SQL postgres database by IP address. I
opened a port manually by firewall rule to make it accessible from my local
IP.
This works great but I cannot "deploy" my GoLang app to Google App Engine
so this is not possible.

---

*This does NOT work. It follows the tutorial. I tried 4 different
variations.*

connectionName = "CONNECTION_NAME"
db, err := sql.Open("postgres", fmt.Sprintf("%s:%s@cloudsql(%s)", user,
password, connectionName))
db, err := sql.Open("postgres", fmt.Sprintf("%s:%s@cloudsql(%s)/DB_NAME",
user, password, connectionName))
db, err := sql.Open("postgres",
fmt.Sprintf("postgres://%s:%s@cloudsql(%s)", user, password,
connectionName))
db, err := sql.Open("postgres", fmt.Sprintf("postgres://%s:%s@cloudsql(%s)/
DB_NAME", user, password, connectionName))

All four of these variations do not work. And I do not know why. I could
really use some help understanding why. The only difference between this
and the tutorial is that I'm using "postgres", not "mysql".
```

Thank you so kindly in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2d7ae38a-8dbe-4836-84e4-d1d4d8651f30%40googlegroups.com.