So it is. I managed to recreate my app in the sydney region and migrate the
data from a datastore backup.

I don't know if its my imagination, but the app seems snappier with the
reduced latency

Paul

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/e4b6c960-15b1-46e3-8204-15d18d2afe15%40googlegroups.com.