Welcome to Google Cloud Platform. I am addressing the questions in the
order asked:

1. With App Engine <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/>, you don’t
have to worry about servers. Google handles most of the management of the
resources for you. For example, if your application requires more computing
resources because traffic to your website increases, Google automatically
scales the system to provide those resources. If the system software needs
a security update, that's handled for you too.

2. You can currently run your app from the Central US or Western Europe
regions.

3. App Engine will scale/spin up more instances based on the incoming
traffic patterns to make sure that all the requests are served. App Engine
is regional <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/locations> which means
the infrastructure that runs your apps is located in a specific region and
is managed by Google to be redundantly available across all the zones
within that region <https://cloud.google.com/docs/geography-and-regions>.

4. You can choose storage size <https://cloud.google.com/sql/pricing> based
on the requirements to start with and can later increase the size as the
database will grow. You can also enable ‘Automatic storage increase
<https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/instance-settings?hl=en_US&_ga=2.214102814.-80771298.1504278727#automatic-storage-increase-2ndgen>’,

which will check the available storage every 30 seconds and if available
storage falls below a threshold size, additional storage capacity is
automatically added to your instance.

5. All data is replicated in multiple locations for great availability and
durability. Data is stored in datacenters
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/#cloudsql> in the EU or
the US. You have the ability to replicate
<https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/replication/> a master instance to
one or more read replicas. A read replica is a copy of the master that
reflects changes to the master instance in almost real time.

I hope this helps.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/5550f08e-8add-4755-93b3-f1c2c06ebd27%40googlegroups.com.