Hey all,

I am using GAE for hosting my applications. I am facing a problem
related to load balancing error of 502 bad gateway.

When the requests on the server surpass the load and GAE are yet to spin up
the instances to balance it, 502 bad gateway get thrown, which defines the
requests are failing. I wanted to know the ways of handling this error from
the backend/frontend, so that if the loads get more it will show to the
user "Servers are down" instead of the application gets crashed.

I am handling the 500 backend error since whenever it happens response is a
JSON type: "message":"internal server error".

Can I get something same for 502 error too like "message":"load balance
error"?

I am a novice here, any help would be grateful.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/94396ebf-c777-428b-92c2-0fa92e384b4f%40googlegroups.com.