Thanks for clarifying, Yannick. Our migration is somewhat difficult, mainly
because we are moving to a different REST framework entirely (Jersey)
because we found the performance of Endpoints v2 to be slow in multiple
experiments, and we simply don't need the layer that Endpoints v2 provides
on top of a REST framework. We have to do a 2-phased migration since Jersey
can't host paths at /_ah/api/* and switch over all consumers of our API to
the new Jersey paths before turning off Endpoints v1.

TL; DR it's OK we're planning on migrating anyway, but this means we can't
use Java8 until after we migrate off Endpoints v1. Thanks again for
clarifying.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/eeec5c99-73d2-4007-bb17-c201dbb46dc3%40googlegroups.com.