My main concern is, what is going to happen to goapp test? This is a
critical part of our toolchain that tests our code under appengine go (as
opposed to non-appengine go, which I installed via brew). I am not seeing a
documented replacement for this tool anywhere.

As a temporary hack to keep access to goapp, I created a wrapper script to
run the goapp script hidden inside the google-cloud-sdk distro.
See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine-go/h4GKKDAskxY

Other than that, I am currently working to convert our project structure to
the new, more stringent one enforced by gcloud. The conversion is not
complete, and is rather involved. Interestingly, dev_appserver.py and goapp
deploy are more lax about project structure than gcloud deploy, in that
before, the app entry point (main.go) is was allowed to be inside the
GOPATH. I therefore set GOPATH to the repo root in order to exclude
external disturbances from our build, and put main.go inside a sibling to
the src directory. This breaks under gcloud deploy, since main.go is not
allowed to be anywhere under the GOPATH. (I had to read the SDK source code
to discover this.)

To become compliant with gcloud expectations, I am working on relocating
main.go outside of the GOPATH, while keeping both a gopath directory and
main.go inside the same repository for simplicity (I don't want to have to
keep an app repo and our private library repos in sync).

However, once that is done, I will still need a fast way to run unit tests
under appengine go before deploying. I hope there are plans to keep the
functionality of goapp test.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/50ca2b68-9278-40fb-9f4e-3ed5e5f38971%40googlegroups.com.