When deploying nodejs custom flex containers to the google app engine, the
process never finalizes and gets stuck at "Updating service..."
To help troubleshoot this issue, I created a simple "hello world" http
server (available here:
https://nodejs.org/en/docs/guides/nodejs-docker-webapp/) and then used the
gcloud gen-config command.

    gcloud beta app gen-config --custom
    echo "service: test-node-fail" >> app.yaml
    gcloud app deploy

My repository is available here:
https://github.com/arsanjea/test-node-fail/blob/master/server.js
On my machine, the following commands work perfectly (I can browse the app
on http://localhost):

    docker build . -t testnodefail
    docker run -p 80:8080 -d testnodefail

I've been struggling to make this work for the past 8 hours. Cancelling my
plans to move to google cloud if I can't resolve it soon :(

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/18dc4145-535c-449d-8fc7-bfaea5a32120%40googlegroups.com.