I also noticed that my failed instances were still running; see my other
thread
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/dOUfeztkcws> for
details. This could have cost my company money if I hadn't noticed it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/35bc9c83-2843-4389-8d02-a411d9fefa6e%40googlegroups.com.