I'm running wordpress on app engine flex. From time to time we see this
failure on the browser:

Error: Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

I turned on the stackdriver monitoring for downtime to see if I could find
out why. Since I turned it on last week, I've had four downtime alerts. The
most recent was last night where we had two in succession. This was while I
was having dinner, so nobody was manipulating the service other than
visitors viewing the site.

Stackdriver has detected that one of your resources has recovered.
state.
Violation Began: 2017-11-20 22:27:26 UTC (8 mins 54 secs)
Condition Name: HTTP check on GAE Service default
Violation Lasted: 5 mins 2 secs

Is this normal? Are there tools that can help me figure out if I'm
under-tuned for the VMs? I'm using the default App Engine Flex resource
settings. My expectation was that App Engine would be more reliable than
I'm observing.

This site makes pretty good money and the downtime is expensive for me. I
was self-hosting for the last 20+ years and just moved to GAE two months
ago to let someone else worry about being up all the time :)

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/84ffe5c6-0b16-422b-97e3-301bbc14f341%40googlegroups.com.