Hello Yannick.

Fortunately Kirk provided an answer on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/47597013/1265

Apparently the field name I'm looking for is "protoPayload.line.logMessage"
which - unfortunately - isn't shown anywhere in the UI. I tried it out and
it works as expected.

I also suspect (though I didn't try this) that using the
google-cloud-logging library (so not the built-in logging adapter) I could
emit log messages with special fields that could be aggregated in a more
straight-forward manner (without having to rely on the format of the log
lines / regexes to parse them):
https://googlecloudplatform.github.io/google-cloud-python/latest/logging/logger.html

It would be really nice if this feature ("structured logging" integrated
with log based metrics / stackdriver) would be offered out of the box,
since monitoring is a big part of running an app in production.

Attila

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/444eef99-0702-4212-938a-30fd88aa66df%40googlegroups.com.