Hi,

  We have a considerably big collection on Full Text Search (about 17M
rows) and we are using FullTextSearch for searching documents.
  For the search we are basically using 3-Grams of the words and creating a
set of potential matches this way, but we need a way to score documents
using a custom similarity function (similar to levenshtein distance/Apache
Lucene similarity operator),
after searching a bit on StackOverflow I found a post where someone from
the Search API say this was a "high priority" feature, but the post is from
2013.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20659188/google-app-engine-search-api?lq=1

  Is there a way to track the current status of this? This is a vital
functionality in the software and therefore we would need to migrate to
another solution if the Search API is not able to handle this need.

Best,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/031ea539-c9b8-4b4f-ae77-accaae116252%40googlegroups.com.