As per topic.
I want to add a java service to my existing python app.

What does it take? All google java tutorials assume I'm building a full
app, so the examples dont work for me.

Anyone have an example of deploying microservices in java?

I have root directory
my-app-VERSION
  +- default -- contains app.yaml, lots of python code
  +- worker -- contains worker.yaml, some python code

now I want to add
  javaworker -- containing pom.xml, build.gradle, some java code in
src/main/com/mycompany/javaworker

gradle builds the WAR distribution alright, outputs my HelloService.class
in the expected place.
But it can't deploy or run, claiming it can't find gcloud.
Gradle discussions seem to say it "currently" requires the default service
to be a pom.xml (implying java i guess)

mvn appengine:run says that it's missing root pom.xml

I don't want to suddenly overwrite our main app with some empty java
servlet.
What to do?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/fa1ea6ad-66d7-4669-ab21-172d0ff6f88b%40googlegroups.com.