Hello Diego,

Communication through internal IP addresses between *Google Compute Engine*
and *App Engine Flexible Environment* (but not App Engine standard
environment) is possible. Because VM instances in the flexible environment
are Google Compute Engine virtual machines.

In order to implement the local connectivity between GCE VMs and GAE Flex,
if both are running on the same project deploy your GAE app on the same
network as of the GCE VM instance. For this purpose, you can configure the
network settings of your application on app.yaml file
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/python/configuring-your-app-with-app-yaml#network_settings>
.

If the GAE Flex application and GCE VM instance are running on different
projects, then you can take advantage of VPC Network Peering
<https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/vpc-peering> to allows private
connectivity across two VPC networks regardless of whether or not they
belong to the same project or the same organization.

I hope this helps.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/c9768838-95bd-4ce7-b196-5253d0073afb%40googlegroups.com.