My app is getting this error when accessing a HTTPS resource:

    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Could not verify SSL certificate
for URL: https://some.where/
            at
com.google.appengine.api.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceImpl.convertApplicationException(URLFetchServiceImpl.java:175)
            at
com.google.appengine.api.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceImpl.fetch(URLFetchServiceImpl.java:45)
            at
com.google.apphosting.utils.security.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceStreamHandler$Connection.fetchResponse(URLFetchServiceStreamHandler.java:543)
            at
com.google.apphosting.utils.security.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceStreamHandler$Connection.getInputStream(URLFetchServiceStreamHandler.java:422)
            at
com.google.apphosting.utils.security.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceStreamHandler$Connection.getResponseCode(URLFetchServiceStreamHandler.java:275)

What can be done so GAE would not check of SSL since in my current purpose
for the app, it does not care if it connects via HTTP or HTTPS, so in my
case I just want to disable SSL check.

I am running the application from Windows (Linux does not throw  the error
above)

Already I have modifiied the *dev_appserver.cmd* like this:

    java -Ddeployment.security.TLSv1.1=false
-Ddeployment.security.TLSv1.2=false -cp
"%~dp0\..\lib\appengine-tools-api.jar" ^
        com.google.appengine.tools.KickStart ^
           com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain %*

Also in the application itself this is set:

    FetchOptions fetchOptions =
FetchOptions.Builder.doNotValidateCertificate();
    HTTPRequest request = new HTTPRequest(getUrl, HTTPMethod.GET,
fetchOptions)

What could be wrong with Windows that it throws the error whereas in Linux
there is no problem?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/39b6e961-5cf4-4502-9500-3f16f6bcdb9d%40googlegroups.com.