On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 2:03:04 PM UTC-4, Kyle Finley wrote:

> Tapir & Jordan,
>
> For what it's worth, I've notice the same issue. I spoke with billing in
> the beginning of April, but at the time they weren't aware of the issue,
> and since it was only a few dollars I didn't pursue it further. If your
> interesting in investigating, here is some information that may be useful.
>
> - The issue seems to have started on March 6th
> - For me, it affected 3 low traffic apps (services).
> - The apps had previously managed with one instance, and had never or very
> rarely gone over the 28hrs free quota
> - No recent setting or code changes. Months or years since last updated
> - All apps where using the Go runtime

Similar phenomenons.
Yes, the charge for March is about 3 times as previous months.
I contacts Google support, but they said it may caused by a bug and will
refund me.

One of my apps is Java runtime.

> May be related:
> - There was another billing issue that affect 2 of the 3 around the same
> time. The issue involved instance hours being tracked incorrectly
> (attributed to the wrong day). Billing proactively notified me, via email,
> and issued a refund for *that* issue. According to billing *that* issue
> was isolated to one day, but I saw uncharacteristically high quota usage
> for multiple days that month.
> - There is a UI bug in the quota table view where quota is reported as $0
> daily while still incurring charges for the day (report to billing).

Yes, I also ever observed this UI bug.

> I suspect the issue is still ongoing. I made changes to 2 of the 3 to
> eliminate instance usage, but the third still seems to be requiring
> increased instance. Since the scheduler behavior is somewhat opaque it's
> difficult to determine if this is a scheduler issue or caused by increased
> traffic, however.
>
> Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, I just wanted to give
> you an additional datapoint in case it's helpful.
>

> On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 11:04:04 AM UTC-5, Jordan (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>>
>> You should investigate how many instances each of your applications used
>> in March and compare that with the amount in April. If you changed your
>> applications' scaling settings it would have directly affected instance
>> count, and in turn the amount of instance hours you use.
>>
>> It is also recommended to make sure you are stopping previous versions of
>> your applications in the Cloud Console
>> <https://console.cloud.google.com/appengine/versions>, as older versions
>> can still be serving with instances.
>>
>> - Note that Google Groups is reserved for general product discussions and
>> not for technical support. It is recommended to open a free Billing
>> Support case
>> <https://support.google.com/cloud/contact/cloud_platform_billing> for
>> any billing related inquiries.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2e99c029-15d4-43f5-af3b-c8dce2836ba4%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine]... Tapir
    • [google-appen... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • Re: [goog... Randee Frankel
        • Re: [... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • R... Randee Frankel
      • [google-a... Kyle Finley
        • [goog... Tapir
          • R... 'Steren Giannini' via Google App Engine
            • ... Attila-Mihaly Balazs
              • ... 'Steren Giannini' via Google App Engine
                • ... Nickolas Daskalou
                • ... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Vitaly Bogomolov
                • ... 'Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-a... Tapir