Hey Brian!

You can set the port using process.env.PORT as shown here
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/nodejs/building-app/writing-web-service#creating_a_server_to_listen_for_http_requests>
 .
Regarding being able to connect to GCE instances in standard and other
feature requests, will be addressed through the issue tracker
<https://issuetracker.google.com/110906731> which is the best platform for
bugs and feature requests.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8098bafa-5e0b-43d4-a086-63f6698f52cc%40googlegroups.com.