Hi,
I'm doing some tests on the app engine standard enviroment using the
python37 runtime (which seems to be available and undocumented).
This is the relevant part of my app.yaml:

runtime: python37
env: standard
instance_class: F2
entrypoint: gunicorn main:app --workers=1 --bind :$PORT
#entrypoint: uwsgi --module hubiter_backend.wsgi.production --workers=1
--http-socket :$PORT --enable-threads
default_expiration: "1d"

automatic_scaling:
  max_instances: 1
  min_instances: 1

env_variables:
  PYTHONUNBUFFERED: 1

On my local machine this is using less than 128MB of memory.

  PID USER      PRI  NI  VIRT   RES   SHR S CPU% MEM%    TIME+  Command

16345 esistgut   20   0  220M 94576 16192 S  0.0  0.6  0:01.03 gunicorn
--workers 1 --bind :8000 main:app

16342 esistgut   20   0 49804 22484  8412 S  0.0  0.1  0:00.23 gunicorn
--workers 1 --bind :8000 main:app

But if I run it on GAE this happens:

2018-08-02 12:50:58.762 CESTExceeded soft private memory limit of 256 MB
with 256 MB after servicing 2 requests total. Consider setting a larger
instance class in app.yaml.

The same app is using at least 2x memory.

Using uwsgi on my local env:
  PID USER      PRI  NI  VIRT   RES   SHR S CPU% MEM%   TIME+  Command

18743 esistgut   20   0  217M 85472 18316 S  0.0  0.5  0:01.04 uwsgi
--module hubiter_backend.wsgi.development --workers=1 --http-socket :8000
--enable-threads

~85MB memory usage but on GAE the same problem happens. So I guess the
memory usage is up to 3x on GAE in this case.

Am I doing something wrong?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/001efb12-a787-4161-8538-a5a7b2dbf71d%40googlegroups.com.