Our application is built on top of Firebase and its services, including
Firestore. Although Cloud Datastore provides identical functionalities, I'm
not if it can be or should be integrated with Firebase, when Firestore is
an option that is readily available.

However, it seems like the SDK libraries are supported
<https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-python/issues/5796#issuecomment-412962126>

by the Python 3.7 runtime on GAE standard. That's something I need to test
now.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/f126d206-4e4e-491b-9c93-142ab90ab02a%40googlegroups.com.