Hi Richard,

instances are not shared across services, each service has its own
instances (you can define different scaling and instances classes per
service).

In your billing, you will not see the instance hours broken down to
services, but for all services of the project together.

This also means that if you have low traffic per service you may see
under-utilization of instances, compared to a monolithic app with just one
service.

Hope that clarified it a little.
Ani

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/bfc7b3b8-70e7-4621-9812-ca85ed82f67e%40googlegroups.com.