Do you have the same version number on the app running as the one you have
locally, if so one workaround can be to set another version number
on your local app. Run update, then enable the new version in the console
UI. However, if everything works ok, remember to delete the instances of the
old version manually otherwise they will live and maybe affect your bill.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/614fa253-6575-4d6b-8900-20bf11f8e1d8%40googlegroups.com.