The problem was that the WebBrowser ActiveX Control in Microsoft Access
maintains compatibility with older versions by using an ancient IE7
rendering engine.  If you have control over the page being displayed in the
control, you can force it to use a more current rendering engine.  This is
the line that I added to the top of the header in my page:

Now the page renders perfectly and displays exactly as it does in the most
current Edge browser version installed on the computer.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/eee26c5a-3c4f-40a9-85ec-645dec5dea9f%40googlegroups.com.