Great, thank you!

It seems like it should be as easy as adding a `pip install --upgrade pip`
line to the container construction mechanism they're using, so I hope they
decide to add the feature.

I guess for today, though, I'll have to go to a custom environment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/9f70a52f-7083-4650-b6c2-750a05bf7bbf%40googlegroups.com.