Hi Chad

I went through a couple of posts that could related to this error. I
believe this is the cause of the issue - cron accesses target URLs over
http, and so when the handler tries to redirect to https it's throwing the
301 'Moved permanently' response. It seems like cron jobs are triggered by
the App Engine Cron Service over http. If you're forcing https redirection,
consider adding another handler [3] just for the Cron jobs without any
redirection. Also you can check this [4] link to enable retrying all failed
cron jobs. I hope it helps. If the solutions mentioned in given links
doesn’t work for you and convinced it might be a bug, you can report this
in issue tracker <https://issuetracker.google.com>.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/PsOGESDKiGk

[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15667681/can-app-engine-cron-jobs-use-https-ssl