Is it possible to implement a custom health-check for instances in App
Engine Standard? I tried to configure liveness-check and readiness-check,
but these seem to be supported only in flex environment.

The reason I would like to do this is that recently we ran into following
issue several times: because of a bug, one of the instances stopped
responding successfully to requests, always returning HTTP status 500. This
instance has been then kept alive and accessible for hours, leading to
intermittent failures for our customers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/05894c88-d61f-4930-8da9-8cc13a09900e%40googlegroups.com.