Hi Ryan

High latency in application could happen for many reasons. In most cases,
it could be related to the geographical locations. Could you please
elaborate how do you make sure that it is not for the distance of the
server? I would recommend to use ‘traceroute’ to find more details
regarding each path which is taking more significant amount of time. If you
use HTTPS or a custom domain then compare latency with HTTP requests to
your appspot.com domain to isolate whether the latency is caused by these
factors. Also please check if there are any bandwidth limitations,could be
in local ISP,  between your clients and Google. I have found this blog
<https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2015/08/How-to-Troubleshoot-Latency-in-Your-App-Engine-Application.html>

post helpful for latency troubleshooting, you can check this too.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/f8bad197-f026-4cab-bf61-643bc92a1854%40googlegroups.com.