Users who are looking to architect existing datastore app and still want to
benefit from the firestore native mode, please star this issue.
I am requesting some kind of cross database transaction or something that
existing apps can write to both datastore as well as firestore native more
reliable.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/117639593

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:02 PM samiislam via Google App Engine <
google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajesh,
>
> I can understand that you have a concern moving forward with Firestore as
> you have been using App Engine with Datastore for such a long time. I am
> providing you a link to the documentation which addresses the process of
> automatic
> upgrade of Cloud Datastore to Cloud Firestore
> <https://cloud.google.com/datastore/docs/upgrade-to-firestore>. If you
> have an application that uses Cloud Datastore, you will not need to update
> your application code. We will notify you about the schedule of your
> application;s upgrade to Datastore mode. Please note that you can not
> manually upgrade an existing Cloud Datastore Database to Cloud Firestore in
> Datastore mode.
>
> You can definitely check out the following articles addressing the best
> practices
> <https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/firestore-for-rtdb#best_practices_in_action>
> of Firestore and how it integrates with the realtime database. Also, I am
> providing you the quickstart link
> <https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/quickstart> which gives you
> an introduction on how Firestore works and how you can deploy applications
> on Firestore. Note that using Firestore in Native mode will require you to
> create a new project for it, but you can interact with it from your
> existing project should you wish to.
>
> For additional requests, such as a cross-database transaction feature, you
> can always go to our Public Issue Tracker page
> <https://developers.google.com/issue-tracker/> where you can request any
> features or products that you feel will make it easy for you to develop
> applications to your needs and specifications.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a701786d-d382-4e89-aad2-c9ec06b5c22a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a701786d-d382-4e89-aad2-c9ec06b5c22a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Regards,
Rajesh
*www.VeersoftSolutions.com <http://www.VeersoftSolutions.com>*
*www.GainERP.com <https://www.gainerp.com>*
*Accounting/Inventory/Orders/Sales/Purchase on Google Cloud Platform and
Mobile*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CA%2BS7ijZu5u3KKa%2BrT_HEQ46kMX7uR95VJEyBsSRC%2B%3DSa%2Biq90g%40mail.gmail.com.