Hello,

It seems that our GCP engineering team is aware of this issue actively
working on it. You can get updates on the progress of this fix by following
the already mentioned issue tracker link[1].

The credit card information is required to confirm the identity"[2]and let
us know that you are not a robot". Therefore, this issue should not close
your account.

However, you can experience some issue if your free trial gets expired or
if your application exceeds usage limits. Kindly note that, as eligible to
a free trial on Google Cloud Platform, you will be allowed to explore our
products for 12-months, respecting the limit of $300(credit Free Trial).
You can find more detail regarding Google Cloud Platform Free Tier in the
following FAQ link[3]

I hope this information has met your needs.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions

[2]
https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions#why-credit-card

[3]https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/frequently-asked-questions#free-tier