architecture issues, but when my software uses around 170 MB of RAM on my
laptop but gets killed by the AppEngine on the cloud because it keeps
running out of memory, isn't this a potential issue with the platform? I
haven't tried setting a limit of 1 GB of RAM in the cloud, as the problem
for me is that it keeps using up all its memory (i.e it will eventually hit
the 1GB limit if I add more feeds). Using fewer threads is something that
does help indeed, but still it doesn't fix the problem.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/90b34dc3-2fa6-4985-a223-bb85cb505cfb%40googlegroups.com.