Thanks for the response.

The problem is that such inconsistencies and lack of information delays the
whole product release process for small teams like ours. We now have to
dedicate resources to learn this new thing specific to gcloud. I used
Google app engine standard environment (go lang) earlier and it was simple
enough for me to use  search api. Now when i am trying to make a bigger and
better app I came across the absence of basic thing which was easily
available earlier. On top of this, I am unable to find a document to
produce equivalent outcome. At least you guys put a step by instruction on
how to install elasticsearch in gcloud ecosystem and how to connect it from
golang app. You guys completely forgot about your customer while making
such decisions. It was more of convenient to you than to your customers.

I (and others) would really appreciate if you can share link(s) to help us
solve such problem quickly.

Meanwhile, thanks for raising the ticket.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/5e445454-4ae8-496b-a0de-f78842b06436%40googlegroups.com.