Hello Patrick,

I see that you created a ticket in the Issue Tracker
<https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/122553575> to further investigate
this, as it seems that something might have changed on our side which
caused the issue to appear as of Dec 22. The Issue Tracker is a better
place to drive this to a resolution as its purpose is to make us aware of
issues in our products, and as such I’ll follow up this discussion from
there.

Please also note that currently the PHP 7.2 runtime
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/php7/quickstart> in the
GAE Standard environment is in Beta
<https://cloud.google.com/terms/launch-stages#launch-stages>, and
consequently should not be used for production applications at this time.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/594375ef-a5f6-4ea8-849b-4ff28508c322%40googlegroups.com.