Hello,

Can someone chime in on the proper way to utilize network.instance_tag in
app.yaml to make a specific app engine flex service private only to the VPC
network and google services like cron, task queues, deployment etc?

Outline below:

1. Leave everything to allow in app engine firewall (default rule). Note we
have multiple gae flex services only one of which we want to make private.
2. Tag network.name in service app.yaml to the VPC network
3. In VPC network firewall rules allow ingress from google service IPs
where destination = instance_tag

In the VPC network firewall config, which IP ranges should be configured to
allow ingress to the protected instance_tag?

Found some
here:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/nodejs/creating-firewalls#allowing_requests_from_your_services

I want to allow app deployment, cloud tasks/task queue, cron jobs ingress:
10.1.0.41 app deployment service (says standard env only, what about flex?)
0.1.0.40, 10.0.0.1 URL Fetch service

Cron and task queues seem to be using an internal google protocol to mimic
http? So don't need specific firewall rules to allow ingress?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3135f3c9-f8ec-4703-97db-74b775f0642f%40googlegroups.com.