0

I am really hoping someone with any sense at Google reads these group
chats. I'm not sure this is the group but I could not find one for Google
Apps Contacts.

Will someone please let the Google Apps development know that WE
DESPERATELY NEED the option to use the old, classic Contacts detail
display. The new pop-up simply sucks. It is slow and un-responsive. Yes! My
browser cache is cleared. Yes! I have logged off and logged on. Yes! I have
tried on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, all updated to the most recent
version. Yes! I have excellent internet with between 150 mbps and 175 mbps
speeds.

Don't get me wrong. I like that Google tries new things but this is one
thing that should be either restored back to the classic or, at the very
least, provide an option where users can set the default contact detail
view to the classic version.

I've been on Gmail since beta rollout and started on Google Apps around
2014. I have emails in archives going back to Nov 2008! Email, Contacts and
Calendar are critically important to my business. Email and Calendar are
fine. But the new pop-up contact details simply has too much going on in
the background to work efficiently when you had a very efficient function
with the full screen display. And anyone who says they don't want their
contact list to go away or have to use the back key...hello....SHIFT /
CLICK or CTRL / CLICK!

I can say without hesitation that an additional 1-2 hours per week is now
added to my workload just waiting for the pop-up contact to respond. IT
SUCKS!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0887f92f-d736-47c0-b50c-db693143495f%40googlegroups.com.