The connection string cannot have IP address in App Engine Standard. It
should you Instance Connection Name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0P6qsTuh1s will explain basics of App
Engine Standard.

If you want to using IP address then Serverless VPC
https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/configure-serverless-vpc-access

Thank
Mahesh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a664cc63-10e7-47c5-a4f3-641486001c24%40googlegroups.com.