Once you've ruled out this isn't due to the spawning of a new instance
and/or memory usage, the next troubleshooting step would be to inspect the
Stackdriver
Error reporting <https://cloud.google.com/error-reporting/docs/> for any
errors in the calls being made by the corresponding service/version
correlating with the time when a high trace is observed. Additionally (and
as mentioned by Aref), this could most likely be further investigated by
implementing additional logging in your implementation as well.

Finally, these types of debugging questions are better addressed on
StackOverflow where you have access to a large community of enthusiasts and
experts to share ideas with and get support from. Please make sure to
include all relevant details and error messages which would help the
community troubleshoot. Alternatively, you can contact GCP Technical Support
<https://cloud.google.com/support/> for further analysis if preferred.