We have a web app that only uses the email, profile, and openid API scopes,
none of which are listed as being restricted or sensitive. However, our
OAuth Consent Screen flow is still taking the user to the "This app is
unverified" message.

When we submitted the app for verification, we received a message back
saying  "You need to select scopes for this app", but this app has the
three non-sensitive/non-restricted scopes listed above.

Everything I've read in the docs claims that if you're not using sensitive
or restricted scopes, you don't need to verify your app.

Why are we receiving an "unverified app" message for an app with no
sensitive/restricted scopes? How do we keep our customers from getting that
error message?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6ef81a64-7a26-431a-8994-73d2e26b6a9c%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine] ... Bryan Zera
    • [google-appeng... 'Julie (cloud platform support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-ap... Bryan Zera
        • [googl... 'Julie (cloud platform support)' via Google App Engine
          • [g... Bryan Zera
            • ... 'Julie (cloud platform support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Bryan Zera
                • ... 'Julie (cloud platform support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Bryan Zera
                • ... 'David Charles Martinez' via Google App Engine
                • ... Bryan Zera