Thank you George for the response.

In our case, There is a single endpoint which reads a large file from
amazon s3 line by line and then ingests a batch of 50 lines as 50 documents
on cloud firestore. It roughly takes around 1.5 hours to insert all the
data from a file to cloud firestore. Given that instance uptime is not
guaranteed, is compute engine a good solution to perform long running task?
Or is there any other option you can recommend?

On the flex environment, we tried to first download the whole file on a
disk and then start reading line by line from it which has worked for us
and not observed abrupt termination. But wanted to know an opinion around
what should be the best option to perform long running task on google cloud
platform.