Thank you Vivak,

I have followed your advise and posted on issuetracker. They pointed me to
the right direction, I thought I would share it here in case someone else
would like to download the logs.

The command to use is: *$ gcloud logging read*. I have set the *severity*,
*timestamp,
format* and chosen the *fields* I believe would be useful in tracing. I
also channeled the output to a *file*. One should adjust the parameters
according to their requirements.

*$ gcloud logging read "severity>=DEBUG AND
timestamp>=\"2019-09-12T00:00:00Z\"" --format='table[no-heading](timestamp,
protoPayload.ip, protoPayload.method, protoPayload.resource,
httpRequest.status, protoPayload.userAgent
,protoPayload.line[]:format="value[separator=\"    \"](severity,
logMessage)")' >> 20190912.txt*

Resources:

   1. https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/logging/read
   2.